AI predicted Korea vs Uruguay 0-2 defeat… “The ball is round” can’t be matched

AI predicted Korea vs Uruguay 0-2 defeat… “The ball is round” can’t be matched
AI predicted Korea vs Uruguay 0-2 defeat… “The ball is round” can’t be matched
[서울=뉴시스]Reporter Yoon Hyun-seong = The first game day of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar has arrived. It was found that artificial intelligence (AI) predicted Korea’s 0-2 defeat while the Korean national soccer team played its first group match against Uruguay, a strong player in South America.

LG U+’s integrated AI service brand ‘ixi’ predicted a 0-2 Korea defeat in the first round of the group stage between Korea vs Uruguay, which will be held at 10:00 pm on the 24th.

The odds of winning Uruguay are 70%, the odds of winning South Korea are 11%, and the odds of a draw are 19%. Iksi also calculated the match score prediction results, and the top 3 was Uruguay’s victory with 0-2, 0-1, and 1-2.

LG U+ is predicting game results through AI experiments in the integrated sports community platform ‘Spokey’. AI predicts match results based on international match data of countries participating in the World Cup, and the match prediction results of all matches, including the group stage league, are sequentially disclosed.

Ikshi predicted that Korea would be able to win only against Ghana among the three group stage matches. Against Ghana, which will be held on the 28th, Korea won 42%, Ghana won 30%, and drew 28%. However, the score prediction came out as 1-1 as the most likely, followed by 1-0 and 0-1.

In the match against Portugal, which will be held on the 3rd of next month, the possibility of defeat was higher. Ixie predicted a win for South Korea at 20%, a win for Portugal at 56% and a draw at 24%. The score prediction results were in the order of 0:1, 1:1, and 0:2.

Ikshi’s prediction accuracy rate for the 12 group stage matches played until this morning was 50%. Due to the nature of AI prediction, there are many cases in which the victory of a country with a superior objective power is often predicted, but the result ended in a draw and failed to hit 4 times.

In particular, Ikshi perfectly missed the ‘catastrophe’ that has already occurred twice in this World Cup. In the case of Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia on the 22nd, the probability of Argentina’s victory was 90%, and the predicted score was expected to be 4-0, 3-0, 4-1, but Argentina won 1-2. Germany vs. Japan, which took place the day before, also predicted Germany’s victory with a probability of 67%, and the predicted scores were 2:1, 2:0, and 1:1, but Japan won a 1:2 victory.

In the end, there is no reason to completely trust the AI’s predictions in line with the old adage in the soccer world, “The ball is round.” Son Heung-min, the ace of the national soccer team, who suffered a facial injury just before the World Cup, is expected to be able to sortie against Uruguay tonight. “Son Heung-min and Kim Jin-soo can participate,” said Paulo Bento, coach of the Korean national soccer team.

Meanwhile, LG U+ has established a ‘2022 Qatar Pavilion’ in Spokie and is broadcasting the ‘2022 FIFA Qatar World Cup’ live until December 19th. At the Qatar Pavilion, you can see the World Cup match schedule and draw at a glance, and easily check highlights of past matches that you could not watch.

◎Sympathy Media Newsis [email protected]

The article is in Korean

Tags: predicted Korea Uruguay defeat .. ball matched

PREV Lineage W Weekly Taiwan first to reach level 80
NEXT Government launches ‘kerosene special inspection team’ in earnest… Price Reduction Guidelines :: Sympathetic Media Newsis News Agency ::